Start bee keeping
Selection of bees
Three main methods can be followed to obtain and raise bees; The first is catching a wild swarm of bees that left their hive, and some people, especially beginners, maybe afraid to do this, but raising wild bees is easy because they are easy to subdue bees that do not have a shelter. The last and most reliable way is to order a hive for breeding purposes by obtaining a 10-pound box containing 10,000 worker bees and one queen ready for mating s it is preferable that the beehive include both Workers and male bees in addition to the queen. If the colony includes only worker bees or only male bees, this requires a few weeks for a female worker bee to emerge.
Honey bee reproduction/ Beekeeping method for beginners
if you are a bee lover, here is the method of beekeeping at home in detail from A to Z, and before starting to learn about the method, we will present the most important information about the history of honey, as the history of human use of honey dates back to about 6000 years and more, and humans have known honey from the beginning as food and medicine to human wounds.
Due to the human need for honey, he began to think about how to do beekeeping that produces honey by making hives that the person makes himself so that the process of producing and collecting honey is comfortable and easy, and for this we gathered the necessary information about the correct method of keeping
- Choosing the right time when doing beekeeping, as it is preferable to do beekeeping during the spring, when roses and flowers bloom, and thus the nectar from flowers is available.
- Doing a home for bees as mentioned earlier, or buying a ready-made hive to save effort and time.
- Choosing the appropriate place where the cell will be placed, where the flowers and plants needed to extract pollen and nectar must be available.
- The beekeeping place must also include a water source
How to make a beehive/ lone bee breeding
- The hive first consists of an outer cover made of iron that seals the hive well and thus protects the honey from any damage.
- An inner cover has a hole that is used for ventilation of the cell.
- Honey box and a large amount of honey is produced in it.
- The main body of the hive is the beekeeping box, which contains pollen and brood.
- The base of the cell is the floor of the cell that secures the cell from below.
- A chair or the so-called cell holder, which raises the cell above ground level.
- These parts are then assembled to the required standards in cell sizes.
Bees do not need much care as they perform most of the necessary tasks themselves, such as bringing food and water and doing the cleaning task, in addition to their ability to repair any cracks or cracks in the hive, but there are some simple things that beekeepers do, including:
Paying attention to the location of the hive and placing it in a suitable place for it, providing special windbreaks to protect the bees, providing a source of water and keeping the hive away from the noise as much as possible, raising the hive off the ground to protect it from rodents and finally protecting it from moisture that can harm bees and infect them with diseases.
Specifications of the healthy kingdom of bees
There are as many bees as possible, where the queen’s health is good to produce a very large and sufficient number of eggs.
Worker bees are more numerous than male bees, and therefore they perform most of the tasks such as: producing wax, collecting propolis from buds, cooling the hive if the temperature rises, feeding the larvae, collecting pollen, collecting flower nectar, and guarding the hive.
It is also an advantage that a healthy hive is able to produce a sufficient and large amount of honey for their food, and there is a large surplus that the breeder can take and benefit from.
There is some equipment necessary for the process of harvesting bee honey and it is one of the most important things in beekeeping, including the following:
- Smoker: It works to bring out smoke by charcoal to calm the bees when the beekeeper is working around the beehive.
- Suit: It is a protective suit to protect the breeder from bee stings by covering his entire body with it.
- Mittens: are leather gloves that protect the breeder from bites.
- The shoe: a white rubber shoe worn by the educator.
- Hive tools: M natural fiber brush, a sharp knife made of steel, hive opener.
Mistakes to avoid in beekeeping
- Here are some of the mistakes that the beekeeper should avoid when raising bees, the most important of which are the following:
- The breeder makes mistakes when increasing the solution and sugar feeding to the bees.
- When the bees store a large amount of food, the queen cannot find a place to lay eggs.
- The bees fight a lot if the breeder feeds their hives outside.
The beekeeping project is one of the most successful and profitable small projects that do not need a large capital, and despite its large profit, it does not cost much, and it is also considered one of the projects that achieve very high-profit rates amounting to about 80% of its total capital, Therefore, it is one of the projects worth trying.
Honey Bees For Your Bee Farm, kind of bees to raise.
Apis Mellifera is not as aggressive as other types of honey bees and they are able to produce an impressively large amount of honey regular.
Apis Mellifera and is the most popular honey bee species in North America, gentle nature and high honey production. However, they tend to stray from the beehive
very mild-natured. They are very easy to work with, even without using the smoker too often. , they are able to survive the winter without downsizing colony size. You might be able to harvest a jars of honey over the colder months. Colony size drastically increases once spring comes. This leaves one prone to swarming.
These honey bees are common in countries Indonesia, Japan, the Philippines, and Malaysia. Have high resilience to weather changes and various diseases.re far less susceptible to diseases induced by weather changes. They can survive harsh winters and blazing-hot summers with ease.
What Are Saskatraz Bees?
Developed in Saskatchewan Canada, they are the new strain of bees. The main objective of this project is to develop a strain of bee that produces high yields of honey. Winter in Saskatchewan can be very cruel. With temperatures getting to – 22°F, the bees have figured out how to withstand these frigid temperatures and make it to spring.
Saskatraz Gentle honeybees, high wintering ability, temperament, tracheal mite resistance, varroa tolerance / resistance and brood diseases.
Some beekeepers experience the Saskatraz hives were prone to swarming. I have yet to experience swarming issues with my Saskatraz bees. I do however take precautions in the spring to try to discourage swarming.
Types Best Honey Bee Hive (The bee hive I think is best, easy to build, easy to extra honey and protects the hive.
- can be made using scrap timber with imprecise measurements – plans are readily available on the internet
- not many places for pests to hide
- inspection is from the side, minimizing loss of heat and vital nest scent
- honey is harvested from the outer bars, away from the brood nest
- a smoker is rarely used; bees are more relaxed because their roof is not taken off
- cross combing can occur
- a small amount of wax may sometimes attach to the wall of the hive
- not easily transportable.